Did you know that University Village has a Resident Volunteers? About 40 residents make up our volunteer team who offer their time and talents in a variety of ways. One of the main ways they serve is to greet new residents and help them feel welcomed into the UV family. It can be intimidating to move into a new community, and our resident volunteers go above and beyond to invite new residents to sit with them at meals, attend activities, to join a card game, etc.
Other volunteer activities include:
- Call bingo
- Set-up the activity boards
- Sing hymns with the residents in the Health Center
- Coordinate entertainment days
- Serve during the on-site church services
- Coach Wii bowling
- Lead various groups such as book clubs and grief groups
The servant heart among our residents is another reason why University Village is such a great place to live.