It is normal for changes in the brain to occur in late adulthood, however there comes a point when those changes may begin to affect daily life. Alzheimer’s is defined as a brain disease brought on by a gradual decline in memory ability, cognitive functioning and reasoning skills. According to alz.org, If you have a senior adult in your life, it’s important to keep watch over these signs as potential onset of Alzheimer’s:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgement
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality
If you have concerns, please check with your doctor.
Let us help you find your best choice for a retirement home Tulsa OK at University Village. Our assisted living in Tulsa OK community can help you have a better retirement at our beautiful senior living communities Tulsa OK.