Everyone has a mother. And she is special! Sure, dad is important too. But moms are your strongest supporter, by making you feel important or giving you some much needed comfort and understanding.
At University Village, we are grateful for the women in our lives: the mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmas and those who radiate a mothering grace to all.
Top 10 Reasons Why MOM is Important
1. If it weren’t for Mom, you wouldn’t be here.
2. Mothers are the backbones of family and provide a “holding place” for everyone’s feelings.
3. Who else would kiss your boo-boos?
4. She works hard and make sacrifices so our lives will be better.
5. Mothers are forgiving – so forgive her in return.
6. When you want to climb the tallest mountain, Mom will make your lunch. And remind you to wear clean underwear.
7. You may not have liked some of her decisions, but her boundaries made you a better person.
8. A mother’s eyes see everything, her ears hear every-thing, and she remembers everything about you. It’s nice to have someone to reminisce with.
9. Your mom forced you to do your homework, and now you see how important that was.
10. Her smile makes your day a whole lot better!
“Because I feel that, in the Heavens above…The angels, whispering to one another…Can find, among their burning terms of love…None so devotional as that of ‘Mother’.” Edgar Allen Poe