University Village will be hosting its annual flu vaccination clinic on Friday, September 30th.
Why get vaccinated?
- Getting a flu shot is one thing we all can do to help slow the spread of flu and keep our families and communities safe and healthy.
- During a regular flu season, flu causes tens of millions of illnesses, hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations and tens of thousands of deaths in the United States.
- Flu vaccination is especially important for people who are at higher risk of developing serious complications from flu, including children younger than 5, pregnant people, adults 65 and older, and people with certain chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, and asthma.
- Right now, it’s especially important to get your flu shot to protect yourself and your loved ones, to help make sure healthcare personnel and hospitals have the resources to continue to treat COVID-19 patients.
- No one has time to get sick from the flu or miss out on special events with family and friends—especially this year! Get a flu shot for yourself, and for those around you.
Employees who are insured* and would like to be vaccinated may drop-in between 11am – 12pm.
*Insurance includes any coverage including Sooner Care Adult expansion plan. If you are not insured but would like to receive the vaccination, no problem! Please reach out to email@example.com and we will arrange a time for you.