To address immediate needs to a shortage of staff in in various positions throughout our facility, and to properly reward employees for investing in the success of any individual whom they refer, the following temporary plan is in place beginning August 1, 2020 until October 1, 2020.
University Village is always looking for good people, and you can help. Research has shown, and our own experience supports, that new hires who come into a company through employee referrals are excellent contributors and stay with the company longer.
That’s where you come in! If you know someone who could be a good addition to the University Village community, in one of the following positions you may be awarded a referral bonus if you refer a candidate and he or she is hired:
- Certified Nurse Aide, Health Center
- Certified Medication Aide, Health Center
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Health Center
- Registered Nurse, Health Center
- Floor Tech
- Dining Services
The following dates of service outline is based on continuous, uninterrupted employment:
- 3 months of service: $250
- 6 months of service: $150
- 1 year of service: $150
Employees must report any referred candidates to Human Resources to ensure appropriate tracking and credit. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and position for which your referral has applied.
- All non-exempt employees, with the exception of any supervisor with hiring authority, are eligible for the referral bonus.
- This program is limited to only those positions outlined above.
- The referral date cannot pre-date the temporary emergency policy or it will default to the regular Referral Bonus Program.
- The hiring of a referred employee must occur within 90 days of the initial referral date.
- The referral must represent the candidate’s first contact with University Village and does not include temporary, summer, contract, and former employees of University Village.
- To be eligible for an award, an employee must submit a referral to Human Resources via email (email@example.com) with the referral name and position for which they have applied.
- The referring employee must agree to have his or her name used when the company contacts the candidate.
- The first employee to refer a candidate, through email, will be the only referring employee eligible for payment.
- Only candidates who meet the essential qualifications for the position will be considered.
- All candidates will be evaluated for employment consistent with company policies and procedures.
- All information regarding the hiring decision will remain strictly confidential.
- Any disputes or interpretations of this employee referral program will be handled through Human Resources.
- All referral bonus payments will be paid on the paycheck following the anniversary of the outlined dates of service.
Temporary Emergency Employee Referral Program Effective: 08.2020 – 10.2020